BOTOX PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
BOTOX Pre-Care Instructions
- Treatments should be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance of special events or vacations.
- Do not receive neurotoxin injections if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine 24 – 48 hours before and after your treatment, as these may contribute to increased swelling, bruising, and irritation.
- Wait at least 1 weeks after your neurotoxin treatment to have any other cosmetic facial treatments, including laser, ultrasound, peel, facials, microneedling, microdermabrasion, etc.
- Please consult with your primary care provider prior before discontinuing the use of the following 1 week prior to your treatment:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil)
- Naproxen (Aleve)
- Platelet Inhibitors
- Any form of Fish Oil
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Any Other Herbal or Homeopathic Remedies that may Contribute to Bleeding
BOTOX Post-Care Instructions
- Neurotoxins take ~2 hours to bind to the nerve, during this time we do not want to increase circulation to the injection area and risk spreading the product. Avoid the following for the next 4 hours after your injections:
- Vigorous Exercise
- Massaging or Mashing the Area
- Laying Down
- Avoid facials, peels, microdermabrasion, microneedling, etc. for 1 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup for 24 hours allowing the injection sites to heal.
- Gentle cleansers and light washing may be performed 4 hours after treatment if needed.
- Full effects may take up to 14 days to appear and can last 2-3 months, depending on each person.
- We recommend all patients make a 2-week follow-up appointment. (virtually or in person)