Lip Filler Pre And Post Care Instructions
Lip Filler Pre-Care Instructions
- Treatments should be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance of special events or vacations.
- Do not receive lip filler if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before or after your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Please consult with your primary care provider prior before discontinuing the use of the following 1 week prior to your treatment:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil)
- Naproxen (Aleve)
- Platelet Inhibitors
- Any form of Fish Oil
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Any Other Herbal or Homeopathic Remedies that may Contribute to Bleeding
Lip Filler Post-Care Instructions
- Avoid significant movement or message of the treated area unless instructed by the provider.
- Avoid the use of straws, cigarettes, vaping or any puckering movements for 2 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excessive swelling.
- If you have swelling, you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
- Use Tylenol (acetaminophen) for discomfort.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Take Arnica (typically found in health food stores) to help the bruising and swelling. Begin taking at least two days prior to injections.
- Wait a minimum of 2 weeks before skincare or laser treatments.