HAIR RESTORATION PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
HAIR RESTORATION Pre-Care Instructions
- If you are taking any blood thinners, please let the doctor know immediately, as they may represent a contra-indication to this treatment. These medications include Plavix, Coumadin and Heparin.
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
- If you are taking broad beta-blockers such as Inderal (Propranolol), please contact the doctor as this medication may need to be changed to a select beta-blocker in advance of the treatment.
- If possible, please refrain from, or minimize, smoking three days prior to and one day after the treatment. Smoking may impact healing and oxygen delivery to the scalp, therefore, your results may be improved the longer you are able to stop smoking before and after the treatment.
- Prescription medications (including heart and blood pressure medication) should be taken as prescribed right up to, and including, the day of and the day after your treatments.
- Minimize alcoholic consumption 48 hours prior to your PRP treatment.
MORNING OF YOUR TREATMENT Instructions
- Shower the morning of your treatment and wash your hair very thoroughly using your regular shampoo. Do not apply sprays, gels, or any other styling products to your hair. If you wear a hair system, please remove it prior to shampooing and do not wear it before your PRP treatments.
- Eat regularly the morning of your treatment and please drink approximately 16 oz of water at least 2 hours prior to your treatment.
HAIR RESTORATION Post-Care Instructions
- DO NOT touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated area(s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid Advil, Aleve, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Naprosyn, (all non-steroidal antiinflammatory agents), Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver, Essential Fatty Acids (EPA, DHA), for at least 1 week prior to and 2 weeks after your treatment. Remember, our goal is to create inflammation. These listed medications will limit or prevent inflammation, which can diminish your results. If you must take Aspirin for cardiac reasons, you certainly may do so, but this may limit your results.
- It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling and/or soreness that may last from 2-5 days following your procedure. If you experience any pain or discomfort you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen-containing products as directed.
- We would prefer if you could refrain from applying ice to the injected area as ice acts as an antiinflammatory.
- You may rinse your hair with warm water 4 hours post treatment for comfort but do not use shampoo
- You may shampoo 24 hours after treatment
- Do not use any hair products for at least 24 hours following treatment
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 3 days after treatment. Smokers do not heal well and problems recur earlier and results may take longer.
- Avoid resuming Minoxidil (Formula 82M, Rogaine®) or hair coloring or straightening for 3 days.
- Continue increased water intake the first week after your treatment.
- Please do not hesitate to call our office should you have any questions or concerns regarding your PRP treatment or aftercare.