PRP PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
PRP Pre-Care Instructions
- If you are taking any blood thinners, please let the doctor know immediately, as they may represent a contra-indication to this treatment. These medications include Plavix, Coumadin and Heparin.
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
- If you are taking broad beta-blockers such as Inderal (Propranolol), please contact the doctor as this medication may need to be changed to a select beta-blocker in advance of the treatment.
- If possible, please refrain from, or minimize, smoking three days prior to and one day after the treatment. Smoking may impact healing and oxygen delivery to the scalp, therefore, your results may be improved the longer you are able to stop smoking before and after the treatment.
- Prescription medications (including heart and blood pressure medication) should be taken as prescribed right up to, and including, the day of and the day after your treatments.
- Minimize alcoholic consumption 72 hours prior to your PRP/ PRF treatment and 24 hours post-treatment
PRP Post-Care Instructions
- Do not massage the treatment area
- Keep your head above your heart for 4 hours
- Do not exercise for 24-48 hours
- Do not take any:
- Anti-inflammatory medications such as; Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naproxen, or Meloxicam, for at least 1-week post-procedure (2 weeks is optimal!)
- Antihistamines such as: Benadryl, Claritin, Allegra, or Zyrtec, etc. for at least 1-2 weeks post-procedure (2 weeks is optimal!)
- Systemic steroids such as: Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, etc. for at least 1-2 weeks post-procedure (2 weeks is optimal!)
**All of these can interfere with the efficacy of your treatment. The longer you can hold off, the better results you will get!
- If you have pain or soreness, it is okay to take Tylenol (acetaminophen) as directed per package recommendations
- Do not apply ice to the treatment area for 72 hours
- Do not take blood-thinning herbs, supplements or vitamins 4 days after your procedure
- Avoid hot baths, saunas, and steam rooms for 3 days
- PRP does not require “touch-up” treatments as it is your own body’s natural collagen process that is working over the course of several weeks to months after treatment. If you would like the areas assessed or desire additional treatments this would be best discussed with your provider in person. We recommend in general that you wait at least 4 weeks after each PRF treatment for assessment and any additional treatments.