Sculptra Pre And Post Care Instructions
Sculptra Pre-Care Instructions
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1-week pre and post-injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2-3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment
- Please notify your provider if you become pregnant or are still breastfeeding as this is a contraindication.
Sculptra Post-Care Instructions
- Massage the areas 5 times a day, for 5 minutes each time, for 5 days after treatment.
- Ice for comfort as needed (but avoid firm pressure) for no longer than 10-15 minutes 3 times.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort.
- After treatment, there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately
- Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
- You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection